1. What is your vision for this CRG Network?
The vision of the Public Health and Health Systems Network is to produce uniformly high quality Cochrane reviews that answer high impact public health questions.
2. What are the key goals including quality and innovations you have planned for this CRG Network?
The main priorities for the Public Health and Health Systems Network are:
- Maintain and improve the quality of our reviews: By supporting systemic changes to improve quality (obtaining additional or specialized support needed, establishing and sharing best practices across the network).
- Advance and contribute to methodological developments in Cochrane: Particularly related to qualitative evidence synthesis and use of non-randomised studies in reviews (e.g., assessing risk of bias, GRADE).
- Develop and pilot a plan for bringing a high priority review to completion in a timely manner: To serve as a model across CRGs and Networks.
- Strengthen our relationship with WHO as one of our key stakeholders.
The Network Associate and Senior Editor along with their CRG community have now finalised the strategic plan for the coming two years after deliberations online and with one face-to-face meeting in September 2018. Their plans are based on five key objectives that will guide their work until 2020:
- Supporting review production and capacity
- Evaluating Network scope and prioritisation of topics
- Fostering collaboration within the Network and with the wider Cochrane community
- Supporting knowledge translation to increase the impact of Cochrane reviews
- Ensuring accountability and sustainability of the Network